If your parental rights have been terminated or temporarily taken away by an Alabama court and you are looking to get those rights reinstated, you should first consider hiring an Alabama family law attorney to help you. When a parent loses their parental rights, it’s because the court has obtained clear and convincing evidence that suggests the parent abandoned their child, was abusive toward him/her, and/or was unable to provide them with a safe home to live in. Depending on the reasoning behind why your parental rights were taken away, you may be able to get them reinstated if:

  • The child wishes to be reunited;
  • Your circumstances have improved to the point where you are able to safely parent your child and;
  • The reunification is in the child’s best interest.


For example, let’s say a child was removed from their parent’s custody due to their parent’s excessive drug use. Because the parent was unable to provide a safe and stable environment for their child to grow up in, they were relocated to live with another family member or their other parent instead. If the parent could later prove that the drug use stopped (i.e. they successfully completed a treatment program), they obtained a well-paying job, and the reinstatement was in the best interest of the child, then there is a possibility the court might reverse the decision.

However, getting parental rights reinstated isn’t exactly easy which is why you should consider contacting the Alabama family law attorneys at Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. for legal assistance.


What if my parental rights were wrongfully terminated?


If you believe your parental rights were terminated out of error and the evidence used to support the decision was invalid, you must retain an Alabama family law lawyer immediately. There are a series of steps an attorney will need to take to try and get your parental rights reinstated and it is imperative that you have the right type of lawyer helping you get your issue resolved. The lawyers at Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. are highly skilled in family law and will be able to determine whether your parental rights can be reinstated and how to do it.


Disclaimer: No representation is made that quality of legal services provided is greater than the quality of legal services provided by other attorneys.


Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. can be reached at:


Moody Office

2603 Moody Parkway, Suite 200

Moody, Alabama 35004

Phone: (205) 640-2000

Website: www.hwhlawgroup.com


Leeds Office

7900 Parkway Drive

Leeds, AL 35094

Phone: (205) 699-5500


Springville Office

6441 U.S. Highway 11

Springville, Alabama 35146

Phone: (205) 467-2225

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *